Finding out that you are having a baby can be both exciting and frightening at the same time. Our Moms and Babies First program is here to help!
Moms and Babies First is designed to walk hand in hand with you throughout your entire pregnancy to help you have a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
How We Can Help
You will be paired up with a Community Health Worker, certified by The Ohio Board of Nursing, who will help you and your baby find the care, support, and resources you need. Through regularly scheduled home visits, you will learn about:
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- Infant health and care through age one
- Keeping your infant's immunizations up to date
- Developing and reaching your family's goals
What are the goals of Moms & Babies First?
- Decrease the African-American maternal and infant mortality rate
- Improve maternal, infant and family health
- Reduce health disparities
- Empower family resilience
What services and education are provided?
- Home visits (face to face and virtual)
- Linkage to prenatal care and primary care providers
- Comprehensive assessment and screening
- Informed curriculum designed to reduce infant mortality
- Healthy behaviors (nutrition, safe sleep, breastfeeding, immunizations)
- Assist in the development of family goals
- Referrals to community agencies
What kind of referrals are provided?
- Women, Infant and Children (WIC)
- Healthy Start/Healthy Family medical insurance for pregnant women and their children
- Prenatal care providers
- Food, clothing, and baby items
- Housing referrals
- Other family service agencies
Contact Us: Greenleaf Family Center's Moms and Babies First at (330) 376-9494, Ext. 205
To refer to the Moms and Babies First Program, please go to https://www.helpmegrow.org/ or call (216) 930-3322, (440) 389-3322, or 1 (800) 755-GROW.